The results are in!
From the 1,049 applications worldwide, we have less than 1% acceptance rate for our Top 10 startups. In the Top 10, we have founders successful raised from General Catalyst, Mayfield Capital, Oculus Fund and others. All Top 10 have validated their product market fit with clients that generate revenues. Our amazing Evaluation Committee has some tough decisions to make when it comes to choosing the Top 10. All of them rank each startup based on its Traction, Product Innovation, Team, and Industry.
We’re thrilled to announce our Top 10 of G-Startup Worldwide Silicon Valley 2017:
Babierge – Global baby gear rental service and marketplace
Cleo – Video intelligence platform providing real time monitoring of people and assets
Conversation.one – Conversation-as-a-Service empowering machines to speak fluently with humans
Edwin.ai – AI-powered English tutor service delivered by bots and humans
EvaBot – Technology driven, gifting automation platform
Flume – Intelligent leak detection & water management
LifeAssist Technologies – Data-driven collaboration for healthcare providers and support systems
OhmniLabs – Building the robotics economy of the future
Spiraloid Workshop – Rebooting cross media entertainment
ZenSports – Find and connect with friends and others to play sports
G-Startup Top 10 Silicon Valley startups will pitch some of the world’s best VC’s for a $50,000 investment and the last coveted spot in the Global Final at Cross-Border Venture Summit for an additional $250,000 investment. G-Startup Silicon Valley Winner will compete against startups chosen from thousands of applications at G-Startup Worldwide competitions held in Tel Aviv, Beijing, Jakarta, Bangalore, Sao Paulo and Seoul. Each of the Top 10 Silicon Valley startups also receives a minimum $10,000 investment.
The Top 10 will pitch the investors in the audience:
- Jenny Lee, Managing Partner, GGV Capital
- Josh Elman, Partner, Greylock Partners
- Connie Chan, Partner, Andreessen Horowitz
- Qiangyu Wang, Founder, Duanqu.com, largest domestic original SMS base. Acquired by Alibaba in May 2017
- Robert Xiao, CEO, Perfect World Investment & Holding Group, Mobile game company, IPO’d on Shenzhen exchange in 2014, $6.3B Market Cap
- Helen He, Former CSO, Baidu, China’s search leader, NASDAQ listed in 2005
- Wenbing Yao, Founder, Ourpalm, Mobile game publisher & developer, Sequoia-backed, IPO’d on Shenzhen exchange in 2012, $3B market cap
- Xinjun Liang, Former CEO, Fosun International, Chinese international conglomerate and investment company founded in 1992, $13B Market Cap
- Arnold Fu, Founder & CEO, Hujiang Online Education, top private Chinese courses online, $187M USD raised
- Quan Ren, Founder, StarVC, Founded by three famous actors with partners from the entertainment industry. Funds under management is $1.5B
- Xiang Gao, Founding Partner, Banyan Capital, VC Firm with around $1.6 billion under management
- Hongjiang Zhang, Former CEO, Kingsoft, Former CTO, Microsoft Asia Pacific R & D Group
- Jianqiang Qiu, General manager, Semir Investment, Belongs to Semir, China’s leading fashion company, $3.1B Market Cap
- Ran Duan, Founder, Kang 1 Holding Group, focuses on innovation of the aging population sector in China, $962M Market Cap
- Marco Lai, Founder & CEO, Lychee FM, Chinese podcast with over 80M users, $200M raised
- E Hao, CEO, GWC, China’s leading community of mobile Internet executives
- Wen Chu, Founder & Chairman, GWC, China’s leading community of mobile Internet executive
Special thanks to our Global Startup Enablers, FbStart from Facebook and Sequoia Capital. With their support, we are able to help build startup ecosystems around the globe and help enable startups to change the world! G-Startup Hong Kong are still open for application. High potential, early stage startups (<$2m raised) from any country can apply.
About G-Startup Worldwide
G-Startup Worldwide is a global startup competition held around the world to find high-potential, early stage startups, invest in them, support them with a global network and enable them to change the world. The G-Startup Worldwide program invests over $1,000,000in startups annually. G-Startup alumni like Didi and App Annie have raised over $17.2 billion. Some have been acquired by companies like Amazon, Google, Apple and Alibaba. G-Startup Worldwide is hosted at each Global Mobile Internet Conference (GMIC) in 2017 including Beijing, Bangalore, Tel Aviv, Jakarta, Sao Paulo, Seoul, Hong Kong and Silicon Valley. The local winners of G-Startup Worldwide at selected competitions receive investment. The winner also receives a free trip to Silicon Valley to compete to become the G-Startup Worldwide Global Winner and receive an additional $250,000 investment!
Share this Post